Filthy Lucre in the United Kingdom

As I sat on a train in Waterloo train station today I noticed that two large credit card companies were touting the end of cash as we know it. The first is the mastercard "CASH" billboards (sorry, I couldn't find a photo online). The second is VISAs "paywave" system.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out to both credit card companies that cash is not dead. The main reason is that card machines are still not universal. I come from a country where every store, no matter how small accepts bank cards. In the UK however, it seems that only larger stores bother with electronic bank cards. I suspect that the banks are behind this.

Let's not introduce yet another form of payment before we've made the current forms universally available! Drop bank charges for companies wanting to accept credit cards (after all, it must result in fewer bank tellers handling cash, which can only be a good thing, right?), and lets make electronic purchasing
universal!